- 我们很荣幸被认可为2017年和2018年约翰·欧文卓越学院，并赢得 2018年州长杰出进步奖 科罗拉多教育部为学生的成长提供了帮助, 并获得了科罗拉多斯普林斯学区的优秀认证.
- 参观我们的学校与短 youtube视频 的照片 和 孩子们互动 由 厚涂的颜料动画.
- 我们非常感谢 第三角 为设计和维护我们的网站.
- 以下是雷竞技登录学校的情况说明: 常见问题
学院先进 & Creative Learning opened for its first school year as a free charter public school in August 2010. This K-8 program provides an academic home specially designed for gifted learners who work above grade level in at least one academic area.
2010年入学时，大约有150名学生. 招生 grew to 280 by its fourth year 和 charter renewal with Colorado Springs School District 11. Each continues with enrollment of full- 和 part-time students between 300 和 315. 大多数学生都是全日制学生. There are between 5 和 12 students each year who enroll part-time 和 attend a homeschool program or another local program for the other portion of their school day.
We have one full-day kindergarten program (tuition-free in 2019-20) 和 one half-day program (also tuition-free).
雷竞技登录 & 任务
打造先进创新学习的学术家园, 培养个人和标准的卓越和领导能力, 并作为派克峰地区天才社区的资源中心.
我们的学生和工作人员将研究思想和掌握先进的内容, 反省自己的进步, 探索学科之间的联系, 和lead others in positive ways to new heights in achievement 和 service to the gifted community of the Pikes Peak Region.
完成雷竞技登录，树立雷竞技登录, we strive to meet 和 exceed Colorado’s content st和ards 和 gifted 教育 guidelines, 提供支持性和挑战性的个人学习目标, 使用综合课程模式实施最佳实践, encour年龄 the whole child with 雷竞技登录 LifeSkills™ 课程 和 family partnerships, 支持训练有素的专业人员, 和 serve the Pikes Peak community as a resource center for unique learning needs.
acacademyacl的哲学声明承认我们的孩子之间的关系, 老师, 家庭, 课程, 学校和社会各维持我们的成功. 完整的声明可以从学校办公室索取.
作为一所公立特许学校, 雷竞技登录的运作很像一个大公司下的小企业. 学院acl的员工不是11区员工. The Academy Director (principal) is the sole employee of the 雷竞技登录 Board of Directors, 所有其他员工向学院主任报告.
Funding for the school comes from funding for all public schools: Per Pupil Revenue (PPR) from the state of Colorado. 科罗拉多11区保留了一小部分(根据法律), less than five percent) of the PPR in order to cover administrative costs for maintaining the charter contract. 雷竞技登录’s Board 和 Administration set its own budgetary goals with those funds. 雷竞技登录 also utilizes any grants for which public charter schools are eligible.
After a small local private school for gifted students closed abruptly in the Fall of 2008, 它为天才学生留下了一个空缺. A group of parents 和 老师 saw the need for a K-8 continuum of services to this group of learners 和 formed 学院先进 & 创造性学习(雷竞技登录).
- 2008年10月5日: 家长们开始讨论这个新项目的可能性. 很快一群父母, educators 和 community members formed the steering committee to analyze the need for such a school in the community 和 recognized the importance of tuition-free 教育 that was accessible to all students in need.
- 2009年10月1日: They submitted an application for a free public charter school to Colorado Springs District 11 as a central location for the entire region.
- 2009年12月16日: 该申请已获第11区教育委员会批准.
- 2010年8月: The school opened its doors to students with approximately 155 students 和 sixteen full-time staff members.
- 2013 - 2014学年: 雷竞技登录 renewed its charter application with District 11 for another five years, 现有在校生280人，专任教职工25人.
- 2017年1月11日: District 11 added an additional contract year to its five year charter agreement with 雷竞技登录, due to the accomplishment of this school receiving a rating of excellence on its Annual Performance Review. 这是第一年适用于这个新的董事会规定和承认.
- 增加一年的额外合同 added to the five-year renewal cycle occurs each year that 雷竞技登录 meets expectations on the Annual Performance Review that occurs with the District 11 Board of Directors.
雷竞技登录 supplements the programs available through local districts by creating an Tier III Intervention school designed primarily for gifted learners that is tuition-free 和 available to K-8 students across the Pikes Peak Region.
认识到这些学习者有非常独特的教育需求, this school encour年龄s each student to set individual learning goals with a variety of instructional methods 和 flexible grouping practices that cultivate strengths 和 support weaknesses. 这所学校也是连接学生的资源中心, 家庭, 和 staff from other schools to resources 和 information within the Pikes Peak Region.
这所学校的名字源于希腊学术界, where Plato held philosophical conferences in a grove near Athens named from hero Academus. 在雷竞技登录, we appreciate the way that the Greeks set high st和ards of excellence as their goals.
We serve students who have “gifted” learning characteristics that are not better than other students’ characteristics, 它们只是不同而已. These students show unusual learning patterns that require less repetition 和 more complexity than other students, 和 therefore they have to set much higher goals in order to show growth 和 experience hard work. They also have to work with specially-trained 老师 in order to receive optimal support 和 sufficiently challenging material.
We also function as a place of training where students can experience the art of discovery. 学生们钻研有挑战性的项目, 发现新知识带来的兴奋感, 并为自己追求卓越而设定个人目标.
我们也利用资优教育领域丰富的研究遗产, 和 we salute the work of researchers who have dedicated their lives to advocacy, 教育, support 和 mentoring of these gifted children who have challenging 和 perplexing needs. 我们特别感谢利用博士的工作. Joyce VanTassel-Baska博士与综合课程模式. George Betts with profiles of gifted learners 和 the Autonomous Learner Model, 和 Dr. 琳达·西尔弗曼和视觉空间学习者以及两次特殊学习者.